DATES, DAYS, & TIMES
The hours will be 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and classes will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (No Friday classes).
Session 2: July 12-July 22
Session 3: July 26-August 5
(Note: Session 1 is a high school credit retrieval session and not available for our K-8th grade students)
9-12 Academic Support Sessions
Session 2: July 12-July 22
6th & 9th Grade “Bridge” Session
COST & LOCATIONS
Due to bond work at many of our schools, summer sessions for all district students will be held at the following 4 building locations:
- Central Point Elementary (K-8th)
- Hanby Middle School (K-8th)
- Scenic Middle School (3rd-8th)
- Crater High School (9th-12th plus very few sessions offered at Crater High School campus for 5th-8th grade during K-8th Enrichment sessions)
Bus Transportation with First Student will be available to and from school for families that indicate transportation is needed on the Google Form below.
Session 4: UPDATE (August 6, 2021):
Bus Route and Bus Stop Locations can be found on the links below. The route sheets are split into Hanby + Crater and Scenic + Crater. Crater 9th grade families attending Summer Bridge need to look at both route sheets depending on resident address.
Hanby 6th Grade & Crater 9th Grade Routes & Times (updated 8/06/2021)
Scenic 6th Grade & Crater 9th Grade Routes & Times (updated 8/06/2021)
⇒ UPDATE (JUNE 14, 2021): The first round of K-8 students are currently being placed in classes. We are opening a new waitlist form for those families that did not enroll with our original application. Please use the link below if you would like to add your child to our K-8 Summer Learning Waitlist.
Complete the Google Form below for EACH CHILD you want to sign up for a summer learning session. The form is due by June 4, 2021. Space is limited. If there is any space available after the June 4th deadline, a second application process will be sent out to families. Priority will be given to students disproportionately impacted by the pandemic. Placement in classes will be based on student interest and staff availability. The parent/guardian email listed on the Google Form will receive a follow-up email confirming that your child has been placed in a class including the session, location and class name. Attached is a quick reference chart to see class names, locations and grade levels. Detailed class descriptions are included in the Google Form below.
How to Sign-Up your child for 9-12 Academic Support (Credit Completion and Credit Retrieval)
Please contact your child’s high school office to sign up for 9-12 Academic Support Sessions.
Crater Academy of Health and Public Service (CAHPS): 541-494-6312
Crater Renaissance Academy (CRA): 541-494-6280
Crater Business, Science & Innovation (BIS): 541-494-6354
Summer breakfast and lunch are free. Students attending a summer session will receive breakfast at arrival and grab-n-go lunch to take home. All children ages 1-18 can also pick up free summer meals at Central Point Elementary, Hanby Middle School, Crater High School, and Rainey’s Market. See this flyer for more details: Summer Meals Flyer (Spanish)
YMCA CHILD CARE
There will be different YMCA Child Care options this summer for families.
- YMCA WRAP Child Care: This is only for K-5th grade students that attended a summer session earlier that same morning. The hours will 12:00pm-6:00pm. Parents must provide transportation from YMCA Wrap. There will be cohort at Hanby Middle School and one at Central Point Elementary. The cost is FREE as part of the Summer Learning Grant. Space is very limited. Parents can sign up for YMCA WRAP Child Care at https://rvymca.org/programs/120011
- YMCA DayCamp: This is only for K-5th grade students. The hours will be 7:30-6:00pm. Parents must provide transportation to/from DayCamp. There will be a DayCamp program at Hanby Middle School and Central Point Elementary. The cost is $195.00 per week per child (& scholarship application are available through the YMCA). Space is very limited. Parents can sign up for YMCA DayCamp at https://rvymca.org/programs/120009
If you have questions about summer learning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org