Grades K-2: 7:55-2:20
Grades K-2: 7:55-1:20
|Kids Health Connection at Jewett brings the doctor’s office into the school so children can be seen by a medical provider right when they need care and without missing school. Click HERE to find out more information.|
Roars from Mr. Rambo
Parents-please make efforts to incorporate reading with your student into your daily schedule; you would be amazed at what 10 minutes a night will result in. Here are some of the many benefits of reading with your student:
- It promotes increased communication between you and your child.
- Many studies show that students who love learning and do well in school were exposed to reading before preschool.
- It promotes longer attention span, which is an important skill for your student to be able to concentrate.
- It builds listening skills and imagination.
- Books teach your child about relationships, situations, personalities, and what is good and what is bad in the world he lives in. Fantasy books provide material for his imagination and free play. Fairy tales fascinate your kid, and help him distinguish between what is real and what is not.
- When your child reaches a new stage in her growth, or experiences a new and unfamiliar situation, reading to your child about a story relevant to her new experience can relieve her anxiety and help her cope.
- Your child learns early that reading is fun and not a chore.
The Book Fair is Coming!!
February 13th – 17th
7:30am – 3:00pm
3rd, 4th and 5th grade students will be taking part in statewide standardized assessments this spring. Teachers will be informing students of when those tests will take place for each classroom. If you have questions about these assessments, please contact the classroom teacher or the main office. If you would like information about opting your student out of these assessments, please visit our website at www.district6.org/jes/
Central Point School District No. 6
K-5 Standards-Based Report Cards
See’s Candy Fundraiser
Congratulations to our Jewett community for the successful See’s Candy Fundraiser! Our PTO raised $21,359. This money will go towards upgrades of classroom technology and other school equipment. If you have an idea for a PTO purchase that would benefit students, please email PTO at JEWETT.PTO@GMAIL.COM
We will be making up the four days we missed school due to inclement weather on the following days:
- March 10th we will have school instead of teacher in-service day.
- March 22nd and 23rd will be school days and not conference days; and
- June 15th will be the last school day for students. One hour early release.
We will have one conference day on March 24th.
Updates regarding weather/school closures can be found on the District 6 website (district6.org), Facebook page and local stations.
SPANISH PHONE LINE
Jewett Elementary has a Spanish Phone Line! If you are needing to communicate with someone in Spanish, please call 541-494-6608. Here you will be able to leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible. Please do not leave any going home changes. Those calls will still need to be made to the office at 541-494-6607.