Grades K-2: 7:55-2:20
Grades K-2: 7:55-1:20
|Kids Health Connection at Jewett brings the doctor’s office into the school so children can be seen by a medical provider right when they need care and without missing school. Click HERE to find out more information.|
A Message from Mr. Rambo
Parents-please make efforts to incorporate reading with your student into your daily schedule; you would be amazed at what 10 minutes a night will result in. Here are some of the many benefits of reading with your student:
- It promotes increased communication between you and your child.
- Many studies show that students who love learning and do well in school were exposed to reading before preschool.
- It promotes longer attention span, which is an important skill for your student to be able to concentrate.
- It builds listening skills and imagination.
- Books teach your child about relationships, situations, personalities, and what is good and what is bad in the world he lives in. Fantasy books provide material for his imagination and free play. Fairy tales fascinate your kid, and help him distinguish between what is real and what is not.
- When your child reaches a new stage in her growth, or experiences a new and unfamiliar situation, reading to your child about a story relevant to her new experience can relieve her anxiety and help her cope.
- Your child learns early that reading is fun and not a chore.
END OF DAY PICK-UP
- Kinders are picked up from the classroom.
- 1st-5th grades: Parents need to wait in the designated pick-up areas in front of the school or under the covered area.
- Parents SHOULD NOT wait in front of the classrooms.
See’s Candy Fundraiser
Congratulations to our Jewett community for the successful See’s Candy Fundraiser! Our PTO raised $19,084. This money will go towards upgrades of classroom technology and other school equipment. If you have an idea for a PTO purchase that would benefit students, please email PTO at JEWETT.PTO@GMAIL.COM
The Book Fair is Coming!!
February 24th – 26th 7:30 – 3:30pm
Family Night: Thursday, February 25th 5:45 – 7:00pm
- For afterschool changes: Please do not leave a message on voice mail after 2:00pm; it is so busy in the office at that time and it is not a guarantee that messages on voice mail will be checked prior to 2:20pm.
- If anyone other than a parent or guardian is picking up a student early or at the end of the day, a note or phone call will be needed in the office by the parent or guardian; this is to ensure the safety of all our students.
- The cost for an adult lunch in the cafeteria is $3.50.
- Our library is in need of new and gently used tall socks for our Puppet Socks Lit Night on Thursday, Jan. 21st. Drop them off in the Office or Library.
Updates regarding weather/school closures can be found on the District 6 website (district6.org), Facebook page and local stations.
INCREASING STUDENT SAFETY
In order to increase student safety, parents who will be picking up their students after school need to remain in the designated pick up areas. These areas are at the front of the school or under the covered area. Parents should not wait outside classrooms to pick up their student. Students should use the crosswalk at the front of the school to approach their parents vehicle. Students should not cut across the parking lot at any other area.
SPANISH PHONE LINE
Jewett Elementary has a Spanish Phone Line! If you are needing to communicate with someone in Spanish, please call 541-494-6608. Here you will be able to leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible. Please do not leave any going home changes. Those calls will still need to be made to the office at 541-494-6607.
We will be using an automated calling system to inform parents of upcoming events. If you get a call from 541-494-6607, please listen to the message before returning the call.