Grades K-2: 7:55-2:20
Grades K-2: 7:55-1:20
|Kids Health Connection at Jewett brings the doctor’s office into the school so children can be seen by a medical provider right when they need care and without missing school. Click HERE to find out more information.|
Roars from Mr. Rambo
Spring is here and that means a busy time of year at Jewett Elementary. The end of the second trimester is March 9th. Teachers will be working on report cards and organizing Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences. Conferences will be on March 24th. Due to the District’s plan to make up for lost instructional time due to snow cancellations, we will only have one day for parent-teacher conferences. This means that we will not be able to conference with each family as we have in the past. Teachers will communicate with families to schedule necessary conferences.
Our 3rd, 4th and 5th graders will be taking state assessments (Smarter Balanced) when we return from Spring Break. Teachers have been working hard to prepare our students for this assessment. As parents, you can encourage your child to do their best. These are rigorous assessments and will give us some good information about how your student is doing.
Lastly, March 6th-10th is Classified Employee Week. Jewett is blessed to have such a dedicated and professional Classified Staff. They do everything from teaching students to read to monitoring them on the playground. Jewett is a special place because of how much our classified staff cares for your students. If you get the opportunity, let them know how much you appreciate what they do!
Two-Way Spanish Immersion Program/Programa de Inmersión Recíproca Bilingüe
Spring 2017 Application Process and Timeline/Proceso de solicitud de entrada al programa y fechas importantes durante la primavera 2017
Click here/haz clic aquí: 2017 TWI Application Timeline
Mark your Calendars……….Important Dates at Jewett!!
Spring Conferences March 24th
Spring Break – NO SCHOOL ……. March 27th – March 31st
- 04/01 Open Enrollment Deadline
- 04/07 6:00-8:00 Father/Daughter Dance
- 04/10 6:00 PTO Meeting – Library
- 04/14 8:30 Assembly – 1st Grade (Webb, Stormberg, parks, Schoneberger) NO KINDERS
- 04/26 Secretaries Day
- 04/27 5:30-7:30 Outdoor Classroom Grand Opening/Family Game Night/Sparrow BBQ
- 05/01-05/05 Teacher Appreciation Week
- 05/05 8:30 Awards Assembly/Cinco de Mayo Presentation – NO 5TH GRADES
- 05/08 6:00 PTO Meeting – Library
- 05/10 6:00-7:00 Kindergarten Round Up
- 05/12 6:00-8:00 Mother/Son Bingo
- 05/17 6:00 TWI– Post Kinder Round Up Informational meeting
- 05/23 5:30-7:30 TWI Community Night – Potluck and Presentations
- 05/24 TWI – Application Deadline @ 4:00
- 05/26 TWI – Selection Process
- 05/29 No school – Memorial Day
- 06/01 5:00-7:00 Celebration of Learning
- 06/02 8:30 Awards Assembly 3rd–5th
- 06/07-06/09 5th Grade Outdoor School
- 06/07 Crater Graduation Ceremonies
- 06/09 8:30-9:30 Awards Assembly K-2nd
- 06/12 Big Air Day
- 06/13 12:45-2:00 Staff vs. Student Softball Game and 5th Grade BBQ
- 06/14 End of Third Trimester/Second Semester
- 06/15 1:20/1:25 Early Dismissal – Last Day of School
Dr. Seuss Family Night was another huge success. Thank you Mrs. Young for putting it all together!! We appreciate you, the staff and all the families that participated!!
Steel Swords of Reading will be going to OBOB Regionals on March 18th, 2017 at North Medford High School.
Team members are: Yadira Ambriz, Lauren Lease, Madison Ritchey & Adella Singleton-Beugli. Awesome Job Girls….Good Luck!!
3rd, 4th and 5th grade students will be taking part in statewide standardized assessments this spring. Teachers will be informing students of when those tests will take place for each classroom. If you have questions about these assessments, please contact the classroom teacher or the main office. If you would like information about opting your student out of these assessments, please visit our website at www.district6.org/jes/
Central Point School District No. 6
K-5 Standards-Based Report Cards
See’s Candy Fundraiser
Congratulations to our Jewett community for the successful See’s Candy Fundraiser! Our PTO raised $21,359. This money will go towards upgrades of classroom technology and other school equipment. If you have an idea for a PTO purchase that would benefit students, please email PTO at JEWETT.PTO@GMAIL.COM
We will be making up the four days we missed school due to inclement weather on the following days:
- March 10th we will have school instead of teacher in-service day.
- March 22nd and 23rd will be school days and not conference days
- June 15th will be the last school day for students. One hour early release.
We will have one conference day on March 24th.
Updates regarding weather/school closures can be found on the District 6 website (district6.org), Facebook page and local stations.
SPANISH PHONE LINE
Jewett Elementary has a Spanish Phone Line! If you are needing to communicate with someone in Spanish, please call 541-494-6608. Here you will be able to leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible. Please do not leave any going home changes. Those calls will still need to be made to the office at 541-494-6607.