Grades K-2: 7:55-2:20
Grades K-2: 7:55-1:20
|Kids Health Connection at Jewett brings the doctor’s office into the school so children can be seen by a medical provider right when they need care and without missing school. Click HERE to find out more information.|
Roars from Mr. Rambo
Spring break has come and gone and that means we are beginning our third trimester. I hope you all had a restful and relaxing spring break and are ready to finish the school year strong.
April and May are very important instructional months. Teachers and students will be working hard to get all of the academic materials covered before June arrives. This is the time of year when many projects are under way and students are asked to demonstrate the skills they have been working on this year. Please continue to check over your student’s homework and be informed about upcoming projects. Your help is vital to high student achievement.
If you have questions about your student’s progress or upcoming events, please contact the classroom teacher. Let’s continue to work together to have high academic standards for our students.
Two-Way Spanish Immersion Program/Programa de Inmersión Recíproca Bilingüe
Spring 2017 Application Process and Timeline/Proceso de solicitud de entrada al programa y fechas importantes durante la primavera 2017
Click here/haz clic aquí: 2017 TWI Application Timeline
Mark your Calendars……….Important Dates at Jewett!!
- 04/01 Open Enrollment Deadline
- 04/07 6:00-8:00 Father/Daughter Dance
- 04/10 6:00 PTO Meeting – Library
- 04/14 8:30 Assembly – 1st Grade (Webb, Stormberg, parks, Schoneberger) NO KINDERS
- 04/26 Secretaries Day
- 04/27 5:30-7:30 Outdoor Classroom Grand Opening/Family Game Night/Sparrow BBQ/Bingo With Rambo
- 05/01-05/05 Teacher Appreciation Week
- 05/05 8:30 Awards Assembly/Cinco de Mayo Presentation – NO 5TH GRADES
- 05/08 6:00 PTO Meeting – Library
- 05/10 6:00-7:00 Kindergarten Round Up
- 05/12 6:00-8:00 Mother/Son Bingo
- 05/17 6:00 TWI– Post Kinder Round Up Informational meeting
- 05/23 5:30-7:30 TWI Community Night – Potluck and Presentations
- 05/24 TWI – Application Deadline @ 4:00
- 05/26 TWI – Selection Process
- 05/29 No school – Memorial Day
- 06/01 5:00-7:00 Celebration of Learning
- 06/02 8:30 Awards Assembly 3rd–5th
- 06/07-06/09 5th Grade Outdoor School
- 06/07 Crater Graduation Ceremonies
- 06/09 8:30-9:30 Awards Assembly K-2nd
- 06/12 Big Air Day
- 06/13 12:45-2:00 Staff vs. Student Softball Game and 5th Grade BBQ
- 06/14 End of Third Trimester/Second Semester
- 06/15 1:20/1:25 Early Dismissal – Last Day of School
Teacher Request Information
Parents who would like to request a specific teacher for the 2017-18 school year must have the request submitted in writing to the Jewett office or emailed to Wendy Ullom (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, May 26th. Teacher requests must include an educational reason. We do consider your requests as part of our decision making, but please understand that final placement decisions are made based on your child’s past academic and behavioral performance and the input of the current teacher. Also, keep in mind that teacher grade level assignments will not be finalized until after student registration in August.
When: Friday, April 7th
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Cost: $10 per couple (In advance)
$12 per couple (At the door)
$5 each additional daughter
Bogo Book Fair Coming Soon!!
Be watching for the BOGO Book Fair coming May 1st – 5th. This is a great way to stock up on summer reading!!
STATEWIDE TESTING April 10th – May 19th
3rd, 4th and 5th grade students will be taking part in statewide standardized assessments this spring. Teachers will be informing students of when those tests will take place for each classroom. If you have questions about these assessments, please contact the classroom teacher or the main office. If you would like information about opting your student out of these assessments, please visit our website at www.district6.org/jes/
Central Point School District No. 6
K-5 Standards-Based Report Cards
We will be making up the four days we missed school due to inclement weather on the following days:
- March 10th we will have school instead of teacher in-service day.
- March 22nd and 23rd will be school days and not conference days
- June 15th will be the last school day for students. One hour early release.
We will have one conference day on March 24th.
Updates regarding weather/school closures can be found on the District 6 website (district6.org), Facebook page and local stations.
SPANISH PHONE LINE
Jewett Elementary has a Spanish Phone Line! If you are needing to communicate with someone in Spanish, please call 541-494-6608. Here you will be able to leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible. Please do not leave any going home changes. Those calls will still need to be made to the office at 541-494-6607.