Central Point School District #6

Student Transfer Information

Transfer Types

 In-district Transfer: This transfer is for our resident students grades K-8 who wish to attend a school outside of their attendance area. IE., student lives in the Central Point Elementary attendance area but would like to attend Jewett Elementary.

Students with a previously approved in-district transfer do not need to re-apply and will be allowed to continue attending their approved transfer school unless that transfer was at any time revoked. If you no longer wish to have your transfer in place, please notify the District Office at 541-494-6202.

For NEW In-District transfer requests, click on the link below to submit your application. Applications received during the priority window January 1-April 1 will be notified of the outcome before the end of June. Submitting a transfer application within the priority window does not guarantee approval.  Applications received after the priority window will be notified of the outcome before the start of school.

High school students need to submit a school transfer application to their current school’s Principal or Student Support Services Coordinator no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 20, 2018.

In-District Transfer Form 2018-2019

In-district Transfer Form 2019-2020

Inter-district Transfer: This transfer is the traditional transfer process for families who wish to change districts. This transfer requires approval from both the resident district and the receiving district. Students may be denied approval based on policies established by either district. Transfer requests need to initiate with the district you reside in.

Inter-District transfer requests for Central Point will open on April 1.

Click here for more information

1819 Hardship Transfer Request

Open Enrollment Transfer:

Open Enrollment, enacted by the Oregon Legislature in 2011, created an additional enrollment option for students wishing to transfer between districts.  The open enrollment statute contains a sunset provision, effective July 1, 2019.

What this means for districts and students:

  • 2018-19 was the last school year for students to transfer through open enrollment.
  • Districts should not go through the open enrollment procedure in the spring of 2019 and cannot enroll students through open enrollment in 2019-20.
  • Any student who has transferred through open enrollment before the sunset remains a resident of the new district. ORS 339.133 contains language stating that the sunset does not affect the status of a person who transferred through open enrollment prior to the 2019-20 school year.

The Legislature may choose to extend the sunset during the 2019 legislative session.  However, until the Legislature takes action, the sunset is still in effect and districts cannot enroll new students via open enrollment. If you are interested in preserving open enrollment, please contact your state representative prior to the 2019 legislative session.

Continuation Transfer:   This transfer is for families who move during the school year or over summer break and wish to have their student remain enrolled in the district for the remainder of the school year. This transfer is only valid for the remainder of the school year this is applied for. If the student wishes to remain in the district the following year, they must apply through the open enrollment or inter-district transfer process.

Click here for more information

Continuation Transfer

Continuation Transfer Spanish