To serve as a beacon school that graduates well-rounded students, with strong foundational skills, who connect subjects, ideas, people, problems and solutions; who create unique, significant work that contributes to the community and/or world; and who can change themselves, their peers and the world. Connect — Create — Change!
Renaissance students and staff will become well-rounded learners and leaders.
Students will form habits of mind including:
- using resources and strategies to successfully find a connection and/or a solution
- utilizing recognized forms of reasoning to construct arguments based on available evidence explaining and supporting perspectives on a topic or issue
- seeing many points of view, generating alternatives, and considering many options
- working toward high standards, revising and reworking, striving for constant improvement
- consistently seeking deeper understanding, asking why, and refusing to accept an easy answer
- willing to step outside their comfort zone, to take a risk and try new things, and generate work that is unique to them.
Faculty and staff will:
- develop themselves professionally through participation in the Renaissance Academy (and other) learning communities
- form strong relationships with students and then ask more of them
- become facilitators of learning rather than dispensers of knowledge
- will embrace the principle of multiple obligations and a commitment to the entire school